Version 1.0 of the 05/12/2022
This Privacy Notice describes how Max Gain Media Limited (or otherwise referred to herein as “Max Gain”, “Company” “us” or “we”) treats your personal information and the data provided to us in order to be able to manage our relationship. We manage any personal information you provide to us (either through the website https://www.gambleboost.com/ or through any other similar means) and are kept by us in relation to you in the manner specified in this Privacy Notice.
1. Who are we?
We are Max Gain Media Limited, a Maltese Company whose registered address is at 170, Pater House, Level 1 (Suite A254), Psaila Street, Birkirkara, Malta. You can contact us by writing at [email protected]
2. Why do we collect personal data?
We need to collect data from you to be able to provide you with our services of Affiliate Marketing Forum, when you visit our website and/or if you register an account with us. This may include the need to share these data with our partner companies and service providers, with whom we would have established safeguards to protect your data, for the purpose of providing you with our services as requested when you signed up and accepted our terms and conditions.
When we provide our services to our customers, we must collect personal data from you so that we can comply with our legal obligations. Failure to provide us with the requested personal data will preclude us from providing you with our services.
We also have a legitimate interest to protect our services from promotion abuse, fraudulent activities, and internet security risks. This also allows us to ensure the security, integrity, accessibility and availability of our data and services.
We may offer marketing communications so that you are constantly kept updated with news about new products, bonuses, special offers and other similar promotions. When this happens, we will ask for your consent to receive such communications. You will have the right at all times and at no cost to withdraw your consent either through your account profile privacy settings or by sending us an email at [email protected] Should you withdraw your consent, the company will inform marketing partners to stop their marketing communications to you as soon as we receive your request.
3. What personal data do we collect?
We may collect and process the following categories of personal data:
- Personal identification and communication details provided to us by completing the registration form on the website or any other information you submit to us through the website or by email. Includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Data you may provide when posting items in our Forum.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, pc tag, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, correspondence feedback and survey responses.
- Your answers to questionnaires or surveys we may conduct directly or through third parties.
- Verification documents provided for Identity, Age and Address, Payment Method verification and other documentation we may request due to our obligations at law.
- Elements of transactions, including financial accounts information that you may provide us, made through the website, telephone, or other media.
- Details of your visits to the site, including but not limited to traffic data, site information, weblogs, geolocation, and other contact information.
- Telephone calls or chat sessions to and from our Customer Service Department may be recorded for security and educational purposes along with the resolution of questions arising from the service provided to you.
- Marketing and Communications Data, includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect special categories of data on a regular basis; however, we may receive such data from you if you tell us that you have a problem controlling your betting activity. We would treat such data as equivalent to health data and protect it accordingly.
5. Why do we process your data?
We use your personal data to:
- Create, operate, and manage your account or where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into with you;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Conduct research, questionnaires, and analysis;
- For company tax reporting obligations to the tax authorities;
- Meet our obligations to inform and assist relevant authorities in relation to any potential criminal activities such as fraud, money laundering or terrorist financing; and
- any other relevant legislation that requires us to provide some personal information.
When you explicitly consent to marketing, we use your data to provide you with information about site changes, new services, offers and promotions. In case you do not wish to no longer receive marketing information, you have the right to opt-out of this service. You can opt in again to receiving marketing communications by emailing our support department.
To provide our services, and for the purpose of preventing illegitimate use of our services, we carry out profiling of our customers and their activities using automated processes. However, any decisions taken based on these profiles and information are taken by natural persons.
6. Where do we keep your data?
We take all industry standard precautions to keep your personal data secure within our European Union located servers. These servers may in turn be accessed through encrypted connections over the internet. For this purpose, we do our utmost to follow best security practices and standards and to use providers which ensure an adequate level of security. We may also store your personal data within our Group of companies, which may be located outside the EEA. We will always ensure to have the adequate security measures to ensure that your personal data is protected at all times, such as Standard Contractual Clauses issued by the European Commission and any additional measures if required.
8. Data transfers to third countries
In the event that the company may share your personal data to third parties located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will always ensure a similar degree of protection when transferring personal data outside the EEA, using measures such as transferring to countries deemed to hold an adequate level of data protection by the European Commission, and/or Standard Contractual Clauses issued by the European Commission and any additional measures if required.
9. For how long do we keep your data?
After the closure of your account, the company retains certain elements of personal data for a period of up to 10 years to meet our legal obligations.
- For up to one (1) year from last activity: Details of your visits to the site, including but not limited to traffic data, site information, weblogs, and other contact information; Telephone calls to and from our Customer Service Department;
- For up to five (5) years from last activity: Personal identification and communication details provided, contact information through the website, email, telephone, or other media;
- For up to ten (10) years from last activity: Elements of transactions, including financial accounts information that you may provide us, made through the website, telephone, or other media.
We will also keep personal data for the purpose of presenting and processing in case of a litigation or a legal process which you, the relevant authorities or us may be party to, due to our provision of services to you.
If your account, in any of the above cases is not active, then we will not process the data further except for complying with the above legal obligations.
All this information is stored in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
10. Your Rights
You have the right to:
- access to the personal information provided by you;
- request rectification of personal data that you consider incorrect;
- request for restriction of processing of data;
- request erasure of data;
- file an objection about processing of your data;
- request to export your data; and
- be informed about automated individual decision-making, including profiling; and
- you have the right at all times to object to the processing of your data and to withdraw your consent through your account profile privacy settings.
Your rights may be exercised in accordance with the Law, which might include restrictions on when you can exercise these rights.
You can exercise these rights by accessing your Privacy Dashboard or by contacting us at [email protected]
You have also the right to lodge a complaint with our Data Protection Authority, which is Office of the Information and Data Protection Commissioner, whose website may be found at https://idpc.org.mt/en/Pages/Home.aspx. You may also decide to lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority. You may find a list with your local Data Protection Authority contact details at https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
11. Changes to this Privacy Notice
Any changes we may make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be published from this page on the site and will be effective from the time of their posting. Where the changes are substantial, we will offer you the chance to preview these changes and decide whether you wish to remain our customer prior to these changes coming into effect. You can request previous versions of this document by sending us an email at [email protected]